Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Little Bit of This, A Little Bit of That

Forgive me Blog, for I have been away for a while.  It has been 38 days since my last post.  It's been a busy few months.  Just trying to stay on point and get to work on time without puking or fainting has been an exercise in the art of routine and discipline.  However, these days I'm feeling great!  Comparatively speaking anyhow.  Trudging your way through the first trimester of pregnancy is like waiting in line at the DMV, wondering if you brought all the right paperwork, hoping that the scowling lady at the counter is not going to turn you away for not having a certain document signed....yada yada.  You just want to get out of there ASAP, leaving with everything you came for.  In this case - a healthy pregnancy, with a good fetal heart rate, and Lord willing, all the documents and paperwork you need to keep trucking along. I'm referring to all the medical insurance crap we had to deal with - in case you were wondering what the hell I'm talking about with that last sentence.  Although, in this metaphorical connection - there is no link to lying about your weight.  You can't do that in pregnancy.  However, I do it shamelessly at the DMV.  Although, every time I leave an appointment with a picture of my baby, I am smiling.  When I leave the DMV with a picture, it's more of a cringe.  Oh well.  My parents would probably still think it's cute. 



We are so thankful and happy to report that we have been blessed with a very healthy and active baby boy, who is bouncing off the uterine walls right now as we speak.



I will admit, I've been plagued by fear and paranoia these last few months.  Thinking about everything that could go wrong.  Praying for peace of mind, and faith that God will guide us through this brief period of time in our lives before the great change.  Even though I've had all these fears and paranoid dreams, we have also been having a lot of fun enjoying this beautiful transition in our lives too.  Not to mention, all the not so pretty side effects of carrying another life inside of you.  This can bring about all sorts of interesting, unpleasant and horrifically amusing symptoms.

Maybe it's because I'm carrying a boy, but nobody could top me in a farting contest.  Nobody. Not even this guy.


  I also complain and protest like an old man with gastrointestinal issues every time I eat anything with grease or too much salt.  Not caring who hears me, or what they might be thinking.  Not to mention, I have developed a slight case of narcolepsy.  I'm like grandpa at Thanksgiving, rotund belly and all.  I even have my very own designated recliner. 



Because my job is so physically active, and the mornings can be pretty hectic, you will never see me without a piece of food in my mouth or something in my hand that will soon make its way there. It may sound a little over the top, but Teacher Margo is no good to anybody when she's huddled in the corner in a fetal position trying not to pass out.  This is tricky, because it's a juggling act of all the right proteins, fiber and calcium that I can fit into a few hours' time.  Even if I was craving cheese and bananas - I would be an idiot if I ate this all morning, and my family would not be happy with my endless complaining over the next couple of days, as I prayed over a cup of Metamucil.  My friend Jerissa has turned me on to this wonderful and yummy snack that has kept my colon very happy and healthy these days.  I highly recommend!





Also, I cry frequently.  At least once a day.  Over nothing.  So far, I've been avoiding Hallmark movies steadfastly.  I've gone through boxes and boxes of tissues.  I am in talks with Kleenex about some possible advertising opportunities.  John Boehner and I are working something out, but I digress.  That's another post.



I am also happy to introduce the newest member to our family.  Trixie!  She's spunky and likes to flip around in her cage.  We tried to put her in with our Rambo.  Rambo had different ideas however.  He loves his daddy, and does not want to share.  Thus he has begun biting, and squawking.  Jealousy makes us do silly things.  Even if we are tiny little birdies. 





Last but not least, this guy.  Love him.  Couldn't do any of this without him.  He makes me smile.  If I were to write him a letter at this moment in time, I think the only words that could even begin to sum up how I feel for him would simply be Thank You.  For everything.  Pass the Kleenex John Boehner. 

4 comments:

Bekki Slater said...

I love you! :-)

M said...

Awe...sending the love right back to ya! Thanks for reading :-)

Anonymous said...

You are an AMAZING woman! We Are so glad you're a part of our family and lives. Love you much! Mom Burk

M said...

Love you too Mama! :0)